Current Opportunities at Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Wedding, Charlotte Home + Garden, and Charlottemagazine.com:
Associate Art Director, Charlotte magazine
We’re looking for a creative, organized team player with a positive attitude who delights in the challenge of designing magazines that consistently thrill readers. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working self-starter who relishes the challenge of creating magazine design and marketing collateral that engages readers and leaps off the page. The associate art director contributes to the design of these publications: the award-winning monthly Charlotte magazine, quarterly Charlotte Home + Garden, and annual Charlotte Wedding publications.
Position reports to Art Director. Works in a team-based environment with Art Director, editorial staff, and Marketing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with editorial and design staff in conceptualizing and designing departments, front-of-book sections, listings, and features.
• Researching art
• Designing marketing collateral and special sections
• Preparing files for web upload
• Assigning illustrations
• Placing ads in pages to be sent to printer
• Art directing photo shoots
• Must have minimum of 1-3 years design experience at a consumer magazine
• Experience selecting and assigning illustrators and hiring models
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and PDF workflow
• Expert multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production
• Team player with positive attitude and strong communication skills
• Strong work ethic
E-mail resume and applicable samples (files should be 5 MB or less, please) or link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Executive, Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Home + Garden magazine, Charlotte Wedding, and related digital channels
Charlotte Home + Garden and Charlotte magazine are looking for their next sales superstar! The Charlotte leader in magazine and digital publishing is seeking a sales dynamo who will drive consistent growth in sales revenue
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and current business, national and local accounts
- Increase sales, revenue and profitability
- Identify new opportunities and programs to generate incremental revenue
- Multitask with the ability to sell multiple products simultaneously
- Consult with clients to develop creative, comprehensive marketing proposals and campaigns
- Prospect and qualify new business for Charlotte magazine and Charlotte Home + Garden magazines
- Attend related business and networking events as needed
- Strategic planning – develop and execute a game plan to achieve sales goals – by product, by month and by year
The Ideal Candidate Will Have or Be:
- B2B sales experience, preferably in media
- Consultative selling experience and style
- Bachelor’s degree
- Stable job history
- Current contacts with businesses and agencies in Charlotte
- Self-motivated and career-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solid grasp of the digital landscape
- Strong prospecting skills
- Performance driven with a proven track record of closing business quickly
- Team player and creative thinker
- Ability to engage clients while establishing and growing relationships
- Positive energy, natural enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
About Morris Media Network/Charlotte:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commissions, incentives and bonuses
- Medical, dental, life insurance coverage
- Fun, energetic and dynamic work environment
For more information or to apply, please see our LinkedIn posting.
Please see our Internships page to apply.
We always like to know about talented, dynamic individuals in the market.
If you are interested in editorial, design, or digital, please feel free to send a resume, cover letter, and clips/samples/portfolio links (if applicable) to editor Michael Graff.
If you are interested in sales, marketing, or other opportunities, please feel free to send a cover letter and resume to publisher Richard Thurmond.
No phone calls please.