Current Opportunities at Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Wedding, Charlotte Home + Garden, and Charlottemagazine.com:
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Morris Media Network Charlotte is looking for a dynamic, energetic, tech-savvy team player to be a full-time Marketing and Events Coordinator for Morris Media Network Charlotte’s publications: Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Home + Garden, Charlotte Wedding, Charlotte Parent and Where Magazine. This position requires a candidate who is extremely organized, flexible, focused, and forward thinking with a passion for magazines, events, and social media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with marketing team to help organize, implement, and recap events.
- Manage e-newsletter program. Includes placing ads and content, audience acquisition, list management and analytics
- Manage digital advertising: e-newsletter ads, premium listings, sponsored pages etc. This includes organizing, scheduling, and placing ads.
- Manage contesting program. Run marketing contests for all publications. Find prizes, create contests and the rules, pick winners, and handle analytics for contests
- Daily execution of social media communication, monitoring, and measurement
- Manage magazine orders and shipping
- Work with marketing department to create promotional copy for events, contests, and sales sheets.
- Manage event calendar by keeping calendar full and up-to-date.
- Implement and manage online circulation promotions and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Must have genuine passion for events, social, media, and magazines
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized
- Advanced knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Vine is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, and video editing is a plus
- Must be able to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple magazines.
- Exceptional communication, both oral and written
- Must have a creative mind-set with a can-do attitude
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Account Executive, Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Home + Garden magazine, Charlotte Wedding, and related digital channels
Charlotte Home + Garden and Charlotte magazine are looking for their next sales superstar! The Charlotte leader in magazine and digital publishing is seeking a sales dynamo who will drive consistent growth in sales revenue
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and current business, national and local accounts
- Increase sales, revenue and profitability
- Identify new opportunities and programs to generate incremental revenue
- Multitask with the ability to sell multiple products simultaneously
- Consult with clients to develop creative, comprehensive marketing proposals and campaigns
- Prospect and qualify new business for Charlotte magazine and Charlotte Home + Garden magazines
- Attend related business and networking events as needed
- Strategic planning – develop and execute a game plan to achieve sales goals – by product, by month and by year
The Ideal Candidate Will Have or Be:
- B2B sales experience, preferably in media
- Consultative selling experience and style
- Bachelor’s degree
- Stable job history
- Current contacts with businesses and agencies in Charlotte
- Self-motivated and career-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solid grasp of the digital landscape
- Strong prospecting skills
- Performance driven with a proven track record of closing business quickly
- Team player and creative thinker
- Ability to engage clients while establishing and growing relationships
- Positive energy, natural enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
About Morris Media Network/Charlotte:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commissions, incentives and bonuses
- Medical, dental, life insurance coverage
- Fun, energetic and dynamic work environment
For more information or to apply, please see our LinkedIn posting.
Please see our Internships page to apply.
We always like to know about talented, dynamic individuals in the market.
If you are interested in editorial, design, or digital, please feel free to send a resume, cover letter, and clips/samples/portfolio links (if applicable) to editor Michael Graff.
If you are interested in sales, marketing, or other opportunities, please feel free to send a cover letter and resume to publisher Richard Thurmond.
No phone calls please.