Current Opportunities at Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Wedding, Charlotte Home + Garden, and Charlottemagazine.com:
Account Executive, Charlotte magazine, Charlotte Home + Garden magazine, Charlotte Wedding, and related digital channels
Charlotte Home + Garden and Charlotte magazine are looking for their next sales superstar! The Charlotte leader in magazine and digital publishing is seeking a sales dynamo who will drive consistent growth in sales revenue
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and current business, national and local accounts
- Increase sales, revenue and profitability
- Identify new opportunities and programs to generate incremental revenue
- Multitask with the ability to sell multiple products simultaneously
- Consult with clients to develop creative, comprehensive marketing proposals and campaigns
- Prospect and qualify new business for Charlotte magazine and Charlotte Home + Garden magazines
- Attend related business and networking events as needed
- Strategic planning – develop and execute a game plan to achieve sales goals – by product, by month and by year
The Ideal Candidate Will Have or Be:
- B2B sales experience, preferably in media
- Consultative selling experience and style
- Bachelor’s degree
- Stable job history
- Current contacts with businesses and agencies in Charlotte
- Self-motivated and career-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solid grasp of the digital landscape
- Strong prospecting skills
- Performance driven with a proven track record of closing business quickly
- Team player and creative thinker
- Ability to engage clients while establishing and growing relationships
- Positive energy, natural enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
About Morris Media Network/Charlotte:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commissions, incentives and bonuses
- Medical, dental, life insurance coverage
- Fun, energetic and dynamic work environment
For more information or to apply, please see our LinkedIn posting.
Please see our Internships page to apply.
We always like to know about talented, dynamic individuals in the market.
If you are interested in editorial, design, or digital, please feel free to send a resume, cover letter, and clips/samples/portfolio links (if applicable) to editor Michael Graff.
If you are interested in sales, marketing, or other opportunities, please feel free to send a cover letter and resume to publisher Richard Thurmond.
No phone calls please.