Getaways for the Girls
By Michelle Boudin
Treat your ’maids(and yourself) to a weekend of pampering at one of these five spas before walking down the aisle. —
- What: An all-inclusive luxury spa, fitness center, and mansion in Blowing Rock that will cater to groups of girlfriends. The spa’s lounge offers the ultimate in relaxation, with a fireplace, chairs to snooze in (with oh-so-cozy blankets), and a breathtaking view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. And that’s just where you wait to get pampered
- Price: The Westglow Bridal Pampering Package is $350 per person.
- Spa Services: Includes a customized sixty-minute facial, steam/sauna room visit, and a sixty-minute full-body massage. (Ask for the Grandfather stone Therapy massage.)
- Extras: Two hot tubs, indoor pool, a sauna, steam room, fitness classes, plus hiking trails on property.
- Food: Includes a gourmet spa lunch -- you can order wine, alcohol, and chocolate-covered strawberries at an extra charge.
The Spa at Ballantyne
- What: You don’t even have to leave Charlotte to enjoy a complete spa getaway.This south Charlotte resort and spa offers indoor and outdoor pools for luxury lounging, a renowned golf course, and ten- nis courts.
- Price: $280 per bridesmaid, $220 for the bride.
- Spa Services: Includes the fifty- minute Divine Wine mani and pedi, plus hair and makeup for everyone. spend a little extra ($95) for a fifty-minute divine massage.
- Extras: Private bridal boot camp or water aerobics classes, which target key wedding gown areas (goodbye, flabby arms!). one session for $75.
- Food: one complimentary mimosa included. Lunch is an additional $20 to $30 per guest.
- What: Located in the quaint town of Pinehurst, just two hours from Charlotte, Pinehurst is a girl’s getaway waiting to happen, with fabulous dining, fun shopping, award-winning, four-star spa.
- Price: Bridal Party Package is $205 per person (minimum four people).
- Spa Services: The most popular package for groups of girls includes an eighty-minute mani/pedi. (Also try “The Relaxer” for $250, which includes a bath escape, fifty-minute massage, and fifty-minute facial.)
- Extras: Lounge at the resort’s man-made beach or outdoor pool, or take yoga classes. Make it an overnight stay so you can walk to nearby bars and shops.
- Food: Not included
- What: The luxury escape starts with the ride to the resort’s Conover locale (outside hickory).The spa will send a Champagne-stocked limo to pick up you and your crew.
- Price: $250 per person (minimum six people).
- Spa Services: Includes a fifty-minute swedish massage (special hot rock upgrade for the bride) and a ninety-minute mani/pedi.
- Extras: The spa staff will shuttle the group to a private 3,500-square-foot townhouse with four bedrooms and two living rooms for the night (rooms not included). The resort will also pay for the first round of drinks at its on-site bar, Rockers, and you can eat at Alexander’s right next door.
- Food: Not included