How to Pitch
Charlotte. It’s a progressive city that embraces both change and tradition, that looks to its future while reckoning with its past. The nation knows it as a banking and sports town, while locals know the full story: the food and culture scenes are rising quickly.
Charlotte isn’t an easy city to describe, and we love it for its complexities and contradictions, its big names and hidden gems. And we want you to help us write its story.
What to pitch: We’re looking for exclusive pitches for stories with a strong Charlotte angle. Introduce us to the people—famous or little known, native or newcomer—who impact our community. Tell us about the issues that shape Charlotte’s present and its future. Let us know about the places and events that give Charlotte its unique flavor. News, politics, food, history, sports, culture, fashion. Charlotte magazine covers it all.
What not to pitch: We are looking for exclusives, so please don’t pitch us stories that you’ve shared with other publications.
Lead time: Our editorial calendar keeps us working about three months ahead, so pitch your stories early.
Magazine details: Access our editorial calendar, demographic and circulation information, and advertising opportunities on our media kit.
Contact information: Direct pitches to editor Kristen Wile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored Content Opportunities
We have the ability to produce authentic and inspiring content that allows your business to publish on our site through native advertising.
Sponsored Content Package Details:
- 1-month campaign
- 1 article produced by Charlotte magazine’s in-house content team
- 1 dedicated article page (advertiser owns display advertising on page). Advertiser can provide up to 50 words for a company profile and link. This information will appear on the bottom of dedicated advertiser page, below the article.
- 2-week placement on Charlotte magazine’s home page feed (includes title, image, business name and teaser copy) and within the “Partner Content” feed - this appears on the right rail and runs sitewide; 100,000 impressions guaranteed.
- Additional site placement for 1 month within one of the featured website sections (Restaurants, Things to Do, Travel, etc.)
- 1 social push (posted once on Facebook and Twitter); content is labeled as “sponsored” and advertiser is tagged.
- Additional content syndication within 1 weekly e-newsletter
- The package is sold on a monthly basis at a at fee, per article
- 6 Things to Know About Charleston's Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (2018 SEWE)
- Weekend Getaway: Warm Weather Happenings in Southern Virginia (Visit Abingdon)
- How These K-8 Students are Changing Charlotte (Trinity Episcopal School)
- 5 Ways to Transform Your Fall Style (Halsbrook)
Contact information: Click here to connect with a media consultant.