Things To Do
- Tags #BoysPlayFieldHockeyToo #BringYourBrothers #CharlotteAmbush #GrowTheGame #valentinesday 2020 5course 5K 89.9 acc ACT adoption advocacy afrobeats agile agriculture AmericanHeartAssociation animal rights Animal Welfare Animals art art discussion art event art events art exhibition art festival nc art gallery art opening art workshop arts arts & crafts athletic atrium health awards Baby baking ballantyne band barbeque bargain baroque music battle bbq bbq events clt Beauty Beer beer dinner beer tasting beethoven benefit bestbuddiesclt bird birds birthday black history Blumenthal Boo-Tox book signing boone boots Botox botox clt botox discounts clt bowlgames brahms breakaway festival breast cancer brew news brewery bright blessings burlesque Business business development cafe callisto quartet campfire career Caribbean carnival carnival games carolinavoices catering ceramics championship chapel hill charity charitydinner charlotte charlotte 5k charlotte art charlotte art events charlotte botox Charlotte December Festivals charlotte edm charlotte event charlotte farming charlotte festivals charlotte festivals october charlotte hip hop festival charlotte music charlotte new years day charlotte theater charlotte wedding vendors Charlottearts charlotteevents charlottenc charlottenightlife cheap cheese chef child welfare childhood cancer children choir choral music christmas Christmas Festival Christmas Music chsnc ciaa circus cirque classical classical music clt clt cosmetic surgery clt elm fest clt hip hop clt ms gala clt nye cltevent cltjazz cltnewyears cltnye cltwine cltwinefestival CMS cocktail cocktail party collegefootball comedy comic-books Commun community Community Service competition concert Concord conference cookie decorating cornhole cosmetic savings Costume Contest country craft beer cut bbq dance dancing Data Analytics Data Science Date Night David Blaine DAVidson Davidson College Day party deals dessert Dilworth dinner discounts Discussion Dog Costume Contest Dog Friendly donuts Dr. Kosari Dr. Munavalli dresslers Drinking drop-in dsbg farm to fork Dunk Tank eating contest education educators engaged Entertainment Entrepreneurs equestrian event event coordinator Events in Rock Hill exhibition expo fair food family family friendly family fun family time farm to fork farm to fork cat farm to fork in the garden fashion festival film film festival finandfino fine art fest nc Fine Dining fitness flamingorevue flip cup folk Food food tastings food tours food trucks football free free admission Free Community Festival free range brewing Friendship walk Friendships front porch sunday charlotte fun Fundraiser gala game garden event good friends charlotte GoRedforWomen grand opening graper cosmetic great gatsby gala clt Greenville hair halloween happyhour Harry Potter haydn Health hendersonville events hike history holiday Holiday Event holidays holocaust home & garden Homeless hormones horses Hypnosis Hypnotist Illusionist improv Island IT Italian itstimetodrinknewshit jazz Jewish Experience johnny cash kiddie rides kids Kids & Family kids eat free kids shoes kiln kiln opening l'occitane latin american lecture Literacy literature live band Live Music live paint live performance LKN Local local art local artist local artists local arts Local Vendors luau Machine Learning Magic Magician makeup Market mccoll center gala Meditation meet the author men's shoes mendelssohn Mentalism midway military Mind Reading Mixer model model call models Mountain AcousticsLuthierInvitational movie movies ms clt gala ms gala Murder Mystery museum music music festival clt Musical nascar Nativity nature networking neurology neuroscience neurosurgery New Parents new restaurant new store New Year new years new years day 5k new years eve new years resolution newyears Nightclub noda non profit nonprofit North Carolina north carolina farmers northcarolina November Events Nurturing Parenthood CLT nutcracker nutrition NYD5K nye Oktoberfest Old 96 District open house open studio saturday openmic orchestra orchids outdoor outdoors paint painting paparazzi new years eve paparazzinye Party PBJ Penn & Teller Performing Arts permanent makeup charlotte pet friendly petting zoo photography plant sale play Podcast poetry pop pop-up portraits potter pottery poverty pre-sale Pregnancy premiere prizes professional development ptsd purplepromisefoundation Python quartet queen city tattoo and arts festival R&B race Radio Raffle rare roots hospitality ravel Recreation restaurant restaurant tour rides rock roman romantic rome rosanne cash Russian samoht santa savings SC schools secret supper Self-love Self-pour shag Shakespeare shoes shopping shuttle service silent auction simulator Sip & Paint skiiing Skincare small business snow boarding Soca social media soul South Carolina south carolina bbq event south end southcarolina spanish specials spirits tasting spoken word spray painting stage combat Stage Play standup stars Startup street artists style stylist sugardonuts Susan Cernyac-Spatz Susan Spatz sustainability sweet tattoos charlotte teachers technology TechTalksCLT test prep Thales Thanksgiving Theater theatre Three Bone Theatre thrill rides thrill show tiki toga party tour Toysfortots trivia Turkey Trot uglysweater university city uptown uptowncharlotte uva valentine's day vegan Vendors venue verona quartet veterans visual art visual arts volunteer Volunteering walking walking tour WarehousePAC Waxhaw wdav wedding wedding cake weekend wellness WFAE wildwingcafe wine wine dinner wine festival wine tasting wine tastings winedinner wineevent winefest winetasting winey grapes wineygrapes winter with opportunities to live Woman women Women in Tech women's shoes work workshop world premiere writing yoga Yolka Young Professionals
This exhibition features more than 100 works of art on loan from across the U.S., as well as England, with an exclusive focus on black basalt sculpture—the first show of its kind to do so. Works range from life-size portrait busts to fanciful vases and dynamic statues of mythological heroes.
With the help of the prominent Charlotte muralist and street artist known as “Owl,” each of the exhibition rooms will feature a specially commissioned graphic mural in striking, sunset hues.
Discover Charlotte’s best, new food truck rally that is hosted by West End’s first craft brewery, Blue Blaze Brewing, in partnership with Historic West End Partners. Savor local food trucks with a variety of unique, dynamic, and delicious dishes, to celebrate one of Charlotte’s best traditions in one of Charlotte’s most culturally rich and historic neighborhoods.
Happening every Friday evening from March 13 through May 29 at starting at 5 pm and live music at 6 pm. West End Food Truck Friday is free to attend, as well as dog- and family-friendly. Non-alcoholic, local cider, and wine options are available.
Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte presents the uproarious comedy with music, ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS by Richard Bean. In “the funniest show in the western world,” Francis Henshall is looking to make his mark. Fired from a skiffle band and in search of work, he finds himself employed by TWO shifty “guvnors”. Fighting a mounting sense of confusion, Francis goes out of his way to serve both bosses. But with the distractions of a pneumatic book keeper, a self-important actor, and his own mammoth appetite to contend with, how long can he keep them apart? Mistaken identities, outrageous farce, love triangles, and inspired lunacy.
Pay what you can night is Thursday, March 26 with a suggested ticket price of just $10. Two preview performances with half-priced tickets will be Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28. Official opening night is Wednesday, April 1 and the show will run through Saturday, May 2.
Visit www.atcharlotte.org for full show dates and times.
Carpenter and Colvin – longtime friends for over 30 years – will appear on stage together as an intimate acoustic duo, swapping songs and sharing stories. These special shows will feature the acclaimed songwriters performing material from their vast catalogues as well as some of their favorite songs.
Carpenter and Colvin previously toured together in 2013 to the delight of both fans and critics. Audiences were invited to share the artists’ “living room” as they played music and traded quips in a warm, comfortable setting inspired by the duo’s long-lasting camaraderie.
Over the course of her acclaimed career, Mary Chapin Carpenter has sold over 14 million records. With hits like “Passionate Kisses” and “He Thinks He’ll Keep Her,” she has won five Grammy Awards (with 15 nominations), two CMA awards, two Academy of Country Music awards and is one of only fifteen female members of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Her songs speak to the most personal of life’s details and the most universal. Carpenter’s most recent release, Sometimes Just the Sky, a celebration of her acclaimed 30-year recording career, features new versions of some of the singer’s most beloved songs plus one newly penned track. Of the music, Billboard praises “…the new rendition features not only different flavors and textures created by the players but also a deeper meaning within the lyrics, which hold up 30 years later.”
Shawn Colvin won her first GRAMMY Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album with her debut album, Steady On, in 1989. She has been a mainstay of the contemporary folk music scene ever since, releasing twelve superlative albums and establishing herself as an enduring talent. Her songs are slow-release works of craft and catharsis that become treasured, lifetime companions for their listeners. Colvin triumphed at the 1998 GRAMMY Awards, winning both Record and Song of the Year for “Sunny Came Home.” Her inspiring and candid memoir, Diamond In The Rough, was published in 2012. Shawn was recently recognized for her career accomplishments when she was honored with the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Trailblazer Award by the Americana Music Association. Presenting her with this prestigious award was Bonnie Raitt. Said Raitt, “She’s simply one of the best singers I’ve ever heard– and a truly gifted and deep songwriter and guitarist… She was groundbreaking when she emerged and continues to inspire me and the legions of fans and other singer/songwriters coming up in her wake.” In Sept. 2019, to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the release of Steady On, Colvin released a special, newly-recorded all acoustic version of that landmark album.
Mary Chapin Carpenter & Shawn Colvin – VIP Tour Package
VIP Package includes:
– One premium reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows
– Collectible tour lithograph; autographed by Mary Chapin Carpenter & Shawn Colvin (limited print)
– Mary Chapin Carpenter & Shawn Colvin journal notebook & pen
– Specially designed Mary Chapin Carpenter & Shawn Colvin tote bag
– Exclusive Mary Chapin Carpenter & Shawn Colvin merchandise item
– Limited availability
Emmy-nominated independent singer/songwriter and multiinstrumentalist Ben Rector announces “The Old Friends Acoustic Tour” featuring special guest Cody Fry. This new format offers an intimate and unique take on Rector’s celebrated discography, including tracks from 2018 Billboard Rock top 10 album ‘Magic,’ and 2015 Billboard 200 top 10 album ‘Brand New.’ The acoustic performance will include fan favorites spanning his catalog which has amassed over 1 billion streams and resulted in national television performances on “Conan,” “The Today Show,” “Jimmy Kimmel,” and “Live with Kelly and Ryan.”