For the Love of Bacon
April 25 is a day that will live in bacon infamy
Do you find yourself waking only to the smell of sizzling bacon? Do you crave bacon wrapped anything, bacon married with desserts, or bacon smothered pizza/sandwiches? The bacon gods have heard your prayers.
On April 25, the first national bacon festival will make its inaugural stop in Charlotte. This bacon-focused culinary adventure is like a block party mixed with bacon everything including:
- Local food vendors including our own Block & Grinder, whose Chef Ben will doubtless be whipping up some kind of amazing bacon creation
- Non-food vendors peddling things like bacon sauce, bacon clothing, and bacon paraphernalia; perfect for the bacon lover in your life
- Live music, comedians, and cooking demos (likely featuring bacon)
- For those of us who want to be alone with the bacon, interactive children's areas will feature balloon twists, kids' eating competitions, face painters, and games
- A bacon-based food competition where chefs will compete in appetizer, entree, and dessert categories
- A contest for all, seeing who can most quickly eat a pound of bacon
The festival will run from noon until 6pm and cost is $20 for early birds or $25 for general advance. The ticket not only grants admission, but also includes five sampling tickets to be used at any of the vendor stands.
Buy your tickets here, and we'll see you at the Music Factory parking lots; 1000 NC Music Factory Blvd., Charlotte, on April 25. All hail bacon.