Job Posting: Associate Editor at Charlotte Magazine
Charlotte magazine, the award-winning city magazine for North Carolina’s largest metro, seeks an ambitious, curious associate editor for its monthly print magazine and related products. The ideal applicant is an adventurous writer and editor with an interest in varying lifestyle topics. He or she will represent the magazine at evening events; contribute to our growing social media platforms; and work within a small team and on rigid deadlines.
1. Assist with the development of creative features and story ideas for each issue.
2. Writes stories for each issue of Charlotte magazine and contributes to its website, charlottemagazine.com
3. Assists in editing content submitted by freelance writers.
4. Assists in all phases of magazine production.
5. Help serve as one of the social media voices for Charlotte magazine and use social media and other digital channels to promote magazine’s content.
6. Serves as the magazine’s representative in the community and at events.
Email a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Be sure to attached 3-5 clips of varied lengths that demonstrate range in subject matter and storytelling approach.