With a great shoe, the detail is everything. And with this summer's platforms, pumps, and wedges, the wooden heel is the thing. The natural accent is complemented by punchy colors and gladiatoresque leather straps. But more importantly, the great heel shapes -- read: conical points and more geometric cuts (thank you, Mr. Louboutin) -- are why the wooden heel is so edgy yet so classic.
1. Pia, By Candela NYC, $298, Capitol, 6815 Phillips Place Ct., 704-552-8987
2. Gerbera, By Claudia Ciuti, $435, STEP by Sloan, 1419 East Blvd., 704-376-1275
3. Eleanor, By Loeffler Randall, $675, Coco Fleur, 8145 Ardrey Kell Rd., 704-321-2626
4. Cameron, By Yin, $310, STEP by Sloan
5. Patchwork sandal, By Dolce & Gabbana, $895, Bob Ellis
6. Harvey, By Dolce Vita, $162, STEP by Sloan