Content Coordinator – Charlotte Magazine
Long-Term Contract Position (Part-time), Remote (local candidates preferred)
The content coordinator will assist with digital and print content production for Charlotte magazine. A journalism/copywriting/communications background is preferred, but not required. The candidate must be comfortable working within digital CMS systems (WordPress, Mailchimp) as well as Facebook & Twitter.
This contract position will require 10-15 hours per week and will report to our Executive Editor and Digital Marketing Manager. This work can be done at anytime of day but the contractor must produce assignments according to deadlines for our scheduled web posts, e-newsletters, etc. Candidates living in the Charlotte area are preferred.
- Produce Charlotte magazine’s e-newsletters (building e-newsletter content into the Mailchimp platform, testing, editing, and scheduling).
- Manage Charlottemagazine.com’s digital event calendar and online directories (review submissions, edit, and approve content).
- Convert editorial content from monthly print magazine into digital format within WordPress.
- Assist Digital Marketing Manager with the build out of digital sponsored content pages, contests, and marketing landing pages.
- Conduct weekly audits of the entire website to ensure all site sections are refreshed with the latest content.
- Assist with scheduling editorial and sponsored digital content to be shared across Charlotte magazine’s Facebook and Twitter feeds.
In addition to the duties described above there is an opportunity to take on additional hours throughout the year to assist with the content production of Charlotte magazine’s special advertising sections. This involves some copywriting, scheduling photographers, and proofing final profile content out to clients.
To apply submit resume and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.