Friday Fashion News Round-Up
Here’s a few noteworthy bits of news from within the fashion and shopping world over the last two weeks:
– A new HomeGoods store is opening up at Sharon Corners next Saturday, October 10. If you haven’t made this your go-to secret weapon store for scoring discounted kitchenware, bedding, lamps, rugs and home decor, then you are doing it wrong. And by "it" I mean "life."
– K.La at Phillips Place has put select dresses and accessories on sale for 20% off their regular prices from now through October 15.
– Lil Kim’s hair salon, Salon Se Swa is officially open at 850 Chancellor Park Dr. in the University City area.
– Bella Ropa, one of my favorite Lake Norman boutiques, has closed.
– Poole Shop is going to move out of its current space and go bunk with its big sister Capitol over at the Shops at Morrison.
– Lotus will be reopening in a new space at Metropolitan after having to temporarily shut its doors due to rent negotiations at its former location on East Blvd. It will rejoin it’s old neighbor Peek-a-Boo Couture who made the exact same move earlier this year.
– Cottage Chic is donating 5% of its sales in the first two weeks of October to Carolina Breast Friends’ Project Pink House
– Monkee’s of Lake Norman is giving out pink ribbons on which you can write the name of a loved one who has been affected by cancer. The ribbons will be tied to trees around the store to show their support. Optional donations are also being accepted all month and will benefit the Carolinas Breast Cancer Fund and the Sonia Hanko Wyatt Ovarian Cancer Research Endowment.
Is your favorite store doing a special promotion for Breast Cancer Awareness this month? Let us know in the comments!