Charlotte Latin School
Traditional in design, innovative in implementation.
This is the Latin way.
Charlotte Latin School was founded in 1970 to create an inclusive environment where academic excellence is encouraged, leadership is cultivated, liberal arts are valued, and phonics-based reading is essential. We have educated thousands of students in the importance of learning, citizenship, service to others, hard work, and honor above all.
* Latin is a safe place for children to express themselves and learn. Each student at Latin is known as an individual and as a member of our school family.
* Relationships are key. Our faculty and staff teach, coach, encourage, support, and care for our students.
* Latin partners with parents to provide a moral community that counter-balances contemporary culture. We believe in keeping children appropriately young.
* Academic excellence and highly-skilled teachers are the foundation of our school.
* We value diversity and inclusion. Latin was the first K-12 independent school in Charlotte to open integrated.
Charlotte Latin School has 1,400+ students in grades TK-12. The 128-acre campus includes the Lower, Middle and Upper School buildings, athletic facilities, wooded areas, gracious outdoor spaces and a lake. Kindergarten and ninth grade are the primary entrance points. Learn more at charlottelatin.org/admissions.