Photo Essay: Saying Goodbye to a Central Avenue Church

PHOTOGRAPHS BY LOGAN CYRUS
Workers from Shed Brand Studios salvaged the stained glass windows from the church and gave them to the developer of the new apartments, CampusWorks, to be repurposed.

IN DECEMBER, Plaza Midwood lost a landmark at the corner of Central Avenue and Hawthorne Lane. A long-vacant church, built in 1936, was demolished to make way for more than 300 apartments. 

Top: After the church was demolished, construction crews prepared the site for building.
Bottom: Over the years, the church had been home to a Methodist congregation and, at one point, Reflection Sound Studios.

Categories: In Print, The Buzz