What’s Happening: Spring Fashion
All week we’ve been glued to New York Fashion Week from afar through various blogs, online magazines, and fashion sites. And, while the sheer number of designs, celebrities, and shows has managed to overwhelm even us, we have had several (okay, 10) thoughts we’d like to share.
1) Colors are definitely in: whether they’re jewel tones (see Reem Acra and Michael Kors) or pastels (see Tracy Reese) there will be plenty of color on the racks next spring. Of course, there’s also a lot of grays and blacks… something that caused a stir in the usual bright spring fashion week.
2) Leighton Meester and Blake Lively should not be allowed to walk around in public making the rest of us mere mortals without goddess-good-looks feel bad.
3) The season is all about mixing and matching various colors and styles (see Marc Jacobs).
4) Bee Schaffer, the daughter of Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, might have the most enviable wardrobe we’ve seen in awhile.
5) In the theme of the season of butterflies, flowers, and sunshiny breezes, chiffon frocks are flowy and fresh (see Vivienne Tam).
6) Liam McMullan, son of famed photographer Patrick McMullan, is highly entertaining to watch as a pirate.
7) Despite plenty of flowy stuff, there is still some of fall’s more structured looks (see Isaac Mizrahi)
8) Almost forty years later and Diane von Furstenberg has still got it. Sarah picks Furstenberg’s boho chic looks as her favorite for the season.
9) Vera Wang, queen of delicate wedding dresses, touted plenty of sheer elegance on the runway.
10) With flirty, feminine materials, vintage-ish waistlines, and simple hues, Monique Lhuillier is Jenn’s top pick for spring.
(photo from istockphoto.com)